Friday, July 19, 2013

Music to My Ears

When I teach my classes I love to use a mix of culturally rich, contemporary music. I've certainly appreciated the twinkling pan pipes, water falls and flutes (and I've tolerated when these fairy dusted tunes are modernized with a funk lounge beat). I enjoy a silent class every once in a while (which is never really silent when your gym also offers zumba...as the floor vibrates to PitBull from down the hall).  I also like how teachers are now throwing Mumford and Sons into class, along artsists like Jack Johnson or Kings of Leon. I've even heard a perfectly times "Come on Eileen" grace yoga studio speakers! 

My favorite tunes usually provide drum rhythms with a driving pulse that remain even when calm. Here are some songs that have made my classes and I smile:

Elation (wet mix) Yogafit - Music for Active Yoga Vol 3
Ringa Ringa Slumdog Millionaire

Latika's Theme Slumdog MIllionaire
Raks el Kholoud George Abdo

Momento Bebel Gilberto

What kind of music do you love?  Let me know at darlingdrishti@gmail.com!

The light in me honors the light in you! Namaste.

Dianna


No comments:

Post a Comment