Friday, July 19, 2013

What's in a Name?

In every yoga class I teach I always love asking people to find their drishti.  I ask people to find a place in the room that is still and quiet and from which they can draw stability from (always good for a leg trembling tree or thigh burning eagle!).  I then ask that they bring this external stability inward and allow their gaze to be soft and relaxed.  For me, harnessing ones drishti is a perfect exercise to become one with ones environment and practice harmonizing internal and external elements in the body.  

I chose to use drishti in the name of my boutique because it speaks so strongly to me in my own practice.  It seemed natural to use it when creating a shop inspired by yoga!  I added darling to show the more playful side of my practice.  The word also comes from my sweet love a beautiful baubles and enchanting jewelry. 

The light in me honors the light in you!  Namaste.

Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment